Registration Procedures for Admitted NDSS
Admitted students will receive a detailed information packet and registration information via email. Please read all materials completely and carefully. Please remember that Non-degree Special Students may only register during the Change of Registration period. See the Academic Calendar for specific dates. We recommend NDSS have alternate courses selected as your first choice(s) may be unavailable.
Please review the NDSS registration instructions on page 7 of your information packet which was emailed to you with your admission letter.
- You will receive your NetID (along with instructions for activating it) from the NDSS office before the quarter begins. Please activate it as soon as you receive it, so that you will be ready to register during the change of regisration period.
- With your activated NetID you will have access to CAESAR. However, you will not be able to register. Your account will have a registration hold until the first day of the change of registration period (first week of classes). Please update your emergency contact information when you log in to CAESAR. You cannot enroll in any courses, but you will be able to enter this required information.
- Obtain permission to enroll in your course by obtaining a permission number from the department that is offering the course. An instructor’s signature is not sufficient. Students are responsible for contacting the department offering the course(s) to obtain this permission number. Please see page 7.
- With your activated NetID and permission number, log in to CAESAR and register for your course during the change of registration period.
- You must register before 5:00 pm on the last day of the Change of Registration period for that particular quarter. After that date and time, you will not be able to register for courses. See the Academic Calendar at www.registrar.northwestern.edu/calendars/ for specific dates.
- After you register, you will be billed for your tuition and fees. Please see page 6 in your information packet for details on billing and payment.
Please contact the NDSS program office if you have any questions about registration.
Additional Procedures for International Students
International students must enroll as full-time students (3 or more courses per quarter).
Health Insurance for International Students
ALL International Students enrolled at Northwestern University will be enrolled in the University sponsored health insurance plan from Aetna Student Health; no exceptions or waivers will be granted. Information about the Aetna Plan and the 2016-17 Student Health Insurance Premiums (cost) can be found on the Student Health Insurance web page.
Registration Procedures for Returning NDSS
Assuming adequate grades, NDSS are admitted for three consecutive quarters (unless you are an international student who specifically applied for one or two quarters). If you have registered as a NDSS in the previous quarter, you will be assigned an appointment time and will register online using CAESAR. Please review the websites below for further information.
NU Registrar’s Office Registration Instructions
CAESAR Student Help Resources