UNDERGRADUATE FINANCIAL AID
- Applying for Financial Aid
You may apply for financial aid after being formally admitted.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and enter Northwestern’s school code of 001739. The Office of Financial Aid will receive your data 7-10 days after your FAFSA is submitted.
Complete the University Aid Application via your TO DO list in CAESAR
Allow three to five weeks for your email notification of your award in CAESAR
Complete all outstanding items listed on your TO DO List in CAESAR
- Types of Financial Aid
Eligibility for each program is determined on a case-by-case basis based on your application for financial aid.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Illinois Monetary Award Program Grant (MAP Grant)
Federal Loan Assistance
- Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
Private Loan Assistance
- Offered to students who do not meet the requirements for federal aid eligibility including students enrolled less than half-time.
- Scholarships are available to degree-seeking students only. Please visit the Scholarships page on the SPS website for more information.
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
All SPS Undergraduate Students are required to successfully maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). To meet SAP, students must:
- Complete at least 2/3 of all courses attempted as of the financial aid add/drop date each term.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Complete their program within a specified amount of time.
The full SAP policy can be found at the link below.
- Professional Health Students
Please note that Professional Health Students are considered 5th year, undergraduate certificate seeking students and should complete the FAFSA accordingly. For more information, please review the FAQs on our website.