Karriem Watson is a research manager in the Department...
For New Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Northwestern University School of Professional Studies. The following information is designed to help you get started as a graduate student, whether you'll be studying on campus or online.
Things You Should Know
To help you get started at Northwestern University, the Student Services Department of Northwestern University School of Professional Studies has developed an Online Orientation for all new students. For program-specific tutorials (distance learning students), see the links below.
Technical Orientations for Distance Learning Students
Graduate students enrolled in Distance Learning programs should refer to the following Adobe Connect presentations for an orientation to the program.
- Master of Science in Medical Informatics
- Master of Arts in Public Policy & Administration
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Predictive Analytics
- Master of Science in Global Health - Coming Soon
Be sure to check the system requirements before you begin your courses.
WildCARD: Northwestern Student ID
Once admitted, students are able to obtain a WildCARD student identification card, which provides access to computer labs, library facilities and University services.
- On-campus students can visit the WildCARD offices in Evanston and Chicago to obtain a WildCARD.
- Online students who are not in close proximity to the WildCARD offices may use the process below to obtain a WildCARD:
1. Upload a digital photograph of yourself (NetID required, Internet Explorer recommended)
2. Mail a notarized copy of your driver’s license, state ID or passport to:
School of Professional Studies
339 E. Chicago Ave, 6th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611