Medical Informatics for IT Professionals
For professionals with IT backgrounds, the medical informatics certificate for IT professionals will leverage your background in information technology and enhance your knowledge of the changing field of health care, a critical discipline to the burgeoning field of medical informatics. Students will learn from experts in medicine and health information technology who have been instrumental in driving innovate solutions and establishing national health care informatics standards.
To earn a certificate, students must complete the following four courses.
- MED_INF 401 - American Health Care System
- MED_INF 402 - Introduction to Clinical Thinking
and any two additional MED_INF courses.
In some cases, students who have completed equivalent coursework previously may be allowed to replace the required course with another course in the field.
Please note that courses completed in the certificate program cannot be transferred to the corresponding graduate degree.
- MED_INF 403-DL Intro to Med Informatics
- MED_INF 404-DL Health Care Operations
- MED_INF 405-DL HIT Standards
- MED_INF 406-DL Decision Support Systems
- MED_INF 407-DL Legal, Ethical, Social Issues
- MED_INF 408-DL Acquisition and Assessment
- MED_INF 409-DL Biostatistics
- MED_INF 401-DL American Health Care System
- MED_INF 402-DL Intro to Clinical Thinking