Master of Science in Global Health Online
The Master’s in Global Health is offered in partnership with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Center for Global Health. The center draws from the University’s renowned medical specialists and researchers to address global health issues through innovative teaching, pioneering research and advanced clinical care. Students benefit from access to a top-ranked academic medical center and dedicated center of expertise. Because the degree can be completed part time and entirely online, students anywhere in the world can access a program of this caliber while maintaining their personal and professional commitments.
The program is designed to help clinicians, researchers, epidemiologists, nonprofit administrators, policy analysts, social entrepreneurs and others make a meaningful difference in healthcare access and outcomes in the places where it’s needed most. Through multidisciplinary courses that emphasize both theory and practical application, students will learn how to improve healthcare outcomes and systems, work effectively in challenging healthcare settings, navigate global regulatory issues, evaluate results and more.
An interdisciplinary professional program, MSGH graduates will possess the knowledge, skills and aptitude to:
- Work effectively in a health-related industry within highly resource-limited settings
- Navigate the business and legal / regulatory aspects of health-related industries around the world
- Contribute to the improvement of health outcomes and systems within low and middle-income countries
- Evaluate and measure health outcomes
- Secure grants to fund global health initiatives
- Evaluate and navigate the cultural and ethical considerations inherent in global health contexts
Areas of Focus
- Medicine and public health
- Medical anthropology
- Infectious diseases
- Social science
- Public policy
The MSGH curriculum — including course names, numbers and requirements — is currently in development and is subject to change.
Students in the MSGH program are required to engage in global health in a meaningful way as part of their coursework. Global health opportunities teach students invaluable lessons related to health equity, cultural competency, health systems, burden of disease, etc.
For more information regarding the Practicum component of the MSGH curriculum, please visit our Practicum page.
- LEADERS 481-DL Leadership
- MSGH 405-DL Foundations of Global Health
- MSGH 408-DL Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- MSGH 410-DL Research Methods
- MSGH 417-DL Global Health Systems
- MSGH 419-DL Global Bioethics
- MSGH 421-DL Globalization & Public Policy
- MSGH 427-DL Grant Writing and Fundraising
- MSGH 580-DL Practicum Course