Karriem Watson is a research manager in the Department...
Select a Program
Deepen your knowledge and develop your skills with master’s degree programs that provide a theoretical foundation as well as practical application. Four of our master’s degree programs can be completed entirely online.
- Creative WritingSPS offers writers the opportunity to develop their craft and work toward their professional goals through a graduate degree program with great flexibility. Students may choose from three writing specializations, with scheduling options in a master of arts or a master of fine arts program that combines the best features of both on-campus and low-residency creative writing programs.
- Global Health OnlineLearn to identify health needs, navigate complex political, sociological and regulatory environments, and deliver impactful healthcare solutions in places where it is needed the most.
- Health Informatics OnlineOffered in partnership with Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, a leader in the connected medical community, the online MS in Health Informatics (MHI) program prepares students for emerging opportunities and roles across the health care enterprise. Students prepare to leverage technology tools and data for more efficient, patient-centered health care services delivery and improved population health, while developing essential skills such as organizational change leadership and project management.
- Information Design and Strategy OnlineAs digital output increasingly becomes the backbone of most business strategy, there is an acute need for leaders with a better big-picture understanding of information management, design and technology. Northwestern’s online Master of Science in Information Design and Strategy (IDS) program teaches students how to translate information and data into meaningful visual forms, narratives and interfaces and prepare them for leadership positions in any organization that relies on sophisticated use of information.
- Information Systems On-campus, OnlineTo promote advancement in computer science careers, the MSIS program is designed to build skills that translate into success at the workplace. It is suited for people now working in the field, as well as for those interested in changing professions. It is a flexible program that recognizes the need to accommodate busy schedules.
- Liberal StudiesWhat ideas will change the way you view the world, or create new opportunities for you? The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) program cuts a wide swath through the humanities and social sciences to provide a challenging intellectual experience that will expand your horizons and develop the knowledge and skills essential for professional development in diverse fields, or as a context for advanced graduate study.
- LiteratureChallenge yourself in the Master of Arts in Literature (MALit) program. You'll deepen your experience with the world's greatest literary texts and position yourself for continued graduate study and new and challenging career opportunities. By grappling with the ideas of the world's greatest writers, you gain an improved ability to analyze and synthesize complex information, evaluate evidence, formulate judgments and shape an effective course of action.
- Predictive Analytics OnlineWith new data collection technologies come vast new sources of data that can be analyzed to enhance organizational effectiveness, customer service, returns on investment and myriad other business strategies. Northwestern's Master of Science in Predictive Analytics (MSPA) brings together the fields of data management, statistical analysis, communication and leadership to train students to become effective analysts and educated consumers of analytics.
- Public Policy and Administration On-campus, OnlinePolicy touches virtually every sphere of professional and personal life. In the MPPA program, students learn to navigate the larger world of policy, from broad philosophies to concrete applications. The program is ideal for those who wish to stand out in their fields by demonstrating creative leadership and critical thinking skills in the context of administrative policy.
- Regulatory ComplianceAn interdisciplinary professional program, the MSRC program addresses core areas of regulatory compliance, including risk management, quality systems, leadership and communication skills. Graduates are prepared to assume leadership positions in healthcare compliance, clinical research compliance or quality systems in the life sciences. This breadth of course offerings sets our program apart, as does our partnership with the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Sports Administration On-campus, OnlineThe Master of Arts in Sports Administration (MSA) program focuses on the business of athletics, from professional teams to burgeoning youth leagues. Drawing on prestigious credentials and top standards, the program employs faculty and staff who have access to team executives, sports agents, corporate sports consultants and a broad range of other professionals in collegiate, professional and amateur athletics administration.