Curriculum and Areas of Focus
The Master's in Predictive Analytics requires the successful completion of 12 courses. The curriculum covers eight core courses, two elective courses, a leadership or project management course and a capstone (498) or thesis (590) project. The eight core courses focus on database administration, predictive modeling and quantitative analysis, communication of analytics, and leadership. Students complete two electives based on their professional goals or personal interests. The program concludes with completion of a capstone project, pursued either independently or as a part of a team. Current students should refer to curriculum requirements in place at time of entry into the program.
Areas of Focus
Students can choose to focus their studies on specific industry topics by choosing two electives from the following list. These electives constitute additional predictive modeling exposure and case-study-based courses that apply analytics to specific topical areas demanded by industry today.
- PREDICT 450-DL Marketing Analytics
- PREDICT 451-DL Risk Analytics
- PREDICT 452-DL Web and Network Data Science
- PREDICT 453-DL Text Analytics
- PREDICT 454-DL Advanced Modeling Techniques
- PREDICT 455-DL Data Visualization
- PREDICT 456-DL Sports Performance Analytics
- PREDICT 457-DL Sports Management Analytics
- PREDICT 490-DL Special Topics in Predictive Analytics
About the Final Project
Students may pursue their capstone experience independently or as part of a team. As their final course, students take either the individual research project in an independent study format or the classroom final project class in which students integrate the knowledge they have gained in the core curriculum in a project presented by the instructor. In both cases, students are guided by faculty in exploring the body of knowledge on predictive analytics while contributing research of practical value to the field. The capstone independent project and capstone class project count as one unit of credit.
- PREDICT 498 Capstone Project or
- PREDICT 590 Thesis Research