Advertising for Creatives Certificate Program
The Advertising for Creatives certificate program is unique in providing industry-specific education for future advertising writers, account executives and art directors. Our faculty are advertising and marketing industry professionals. They teach the creative aspects of advertising through hands-on studio work combined with theoretical, strategic, and historical perspectives. Courses additionally draw on the constructs and paradigms of marketing, research, sociology, psychology, visual art and design to enrich and extend the understanding of advertising concepts and applications. Please be advised that the advertising courses are consecutive and that enrollment is therefore limited.
Advertising for Creatives post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Create and display a solid advertising portfolio to use for job interviews and/or to secure freelance opportunities
- Develop strong creative skills and versatility applicable to a broad range of advertising industry careers in both agency and corporate settings
- Develop contacts within the advertising field through exposure to the Chicago advertising industry
- Gain the skills needed to work as an entry-level art director, copywriter, or account coordinator in all media
Students are required to take the following courses:
- ADVT 311 Advertising: Creative
- ADVT 312 Advertising: Intermediate Creative
- ADVT 313 Advertising: Advanced Creative
- ADVT 380 Introduction to Visual Communication or an additional marketing or advertising course of the student's choosing
Students should have general knowledge of computers and some academic experience in research and writing before beginning the Advertising for Creatives post-baccalaureate certificate program.