Business Essentials Certificate
The Business Essentials certificate is designed for those who are new to a business environment or who lack an academic background in business. This program offers foundational courses in accounting, finance, marketing and organization behavior, providing students with an understanding of essential business principles and practices. Individuals who come from a liberal arts background may be especially interested in this program, which will enable them to learn about the basic principles of business in a real-world context.
This program was formerly titled Business Practices.
Business Essentials post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Enhance their professional business skills and effectively apply them within their current organization
- Apply knowledge of accounting, finance, and marketing to common organizational problems and challenges
- Identify the ways to improve the performance of organizations and help them meet marketplace needs
Four from the following:
- ACCOUNT 201 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ECON 201 Intro to Macroeconomics
- FINANCE 202 Intro to Finance
- MKTG 201 Principles of Marketing
- ORG BEH 301 Organization Behavior
- ORG BEH 367 Strategic Planning/Management
- ORG BEH 369 Entrepreneurship