Program Overview:The Business Writing and Communication certificate program is designed for professionals who are responsible for developing business communication, whether that communication is within an organization or with customers. The program combines current theories of organizational communication and persuasion with the practices of business writing. Students will learn principles of effective communication while developing their own writing skills as they create persuasive and informational business documents.
Business Writing & Communications Certificate
Business Writing post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Create clear, informative and effective business communications in a variety of formats
- Develop techniques for interpersonal, public and collaborative writing and communication
- Identify, analyze and persuasively communicate to specific audiences on behalf of an organization or particular initiative
Students are required to take 4 of the following courses:
- ADVT 370 Introduction to Public Relations
- COMM ST 205 Theories of Persuasion
- COMM ST 250 Team Leadership/Decision Making
- COMM ST 360 Organizational Communication
- ENGLISH 205 Intermediate Composition: Business Communication
- MKTG 310 Integrated Marketing Communications
Students should have some experience in academic research and writing.