Change Management Certificate
Business and service organizations must be nimble to thrive in today's complex marketplaces. Innovation is more than a buzzword — it's become a necessity. Organizations must constantly change from within to build viable processes and structures that can sustain success. They must also adapt in response to their environments through innovative management and creation of new services. This certificate provides a comprehensive overview of what it takes to thrive in an age of innovation and strategy, exploring a variety of topics — product development, quality management practices, the application of technology. Through coursework in organizational change, business innovation and change management, managers or aspiring managers can develop structured approaches to change across all levels of an organization.
This program was formerly titled Innovation and Change Management.
Change Management post-baccalaureate students will:
- Identify and analyze opportunities for change and innovation in service, supply chain, product, communication or organizational strategy
- Implement change plans and create metrics for measuring their success or failure
- Identify and explain the obstacles to change and devise strategies for addressing those obstacles
- Develop a conceptual framework for understanding organizations and the markets that they serve
Four from the following:
- COMM ST 250 Team Leadership/Decision Making
- ORG BEH 301 Organization Behavior
- ORG BEH 310 Organizational Change
- ORG BEH 311 Conflict Resolution
- ORG BEH 367 Strategic Planning/Management
- ORG BEH 369 Entrepreneurship and Technology
- ORG BEH 371 Innovation Management