Program Overview:The Math Fundamentals for Business post-baccalaureate certificate gives students the basic quantitative skills required for business. Designed for students who have had limited college-level math course work, this certificate provides a foundation for future study while developing skills that have immediate relevance in many workplaces. In addition to basic math, the program offers courses in differential calculus, statistics and finance.
Math in Business Certificate Program
Math Fundamentals for Business post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Acquire quantitative reasoning skills associated with managing business operations
- Learn mathematical concepts through practical application
- Meet the requirements necessary to enroll in advanced-level business and finance study
Students are required to take 4 of the following courses:
- MATH 101 Algebra
- MATH 113 Precalculus Mathematics
- FINANCE 202 Introduction to Finance
- STAT 202 Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 220 Differential Calculus
- MATH 212 Single Variable Calculus I and MATH 213 Single Variable Calculus II
Students who have little to no previous math experience may require additional prerequisite course work. Students who have previously taken certain required courses may substitute courses with permission from the Assistant Dean of Undergraduate and Post-baccalaureate programs.