Training & Development Certificate Program
This program is discontinued as of May 10, 2016, and will no longer admit new students. Current students may continue in the program until completion.
Ongoing professional training is a fact of life not only in the corporate world but in all organizations, including nonprofits, educational institutions, and public service agencies. Today, training can take many forms, from individualized coaching to group mentoring to online instruction. The Training and Development post-baccalaureate certificate is designed for students who aspire to careers in employee training and development, as well as for those who must make decisions about the implementation of training programs. It explores the psychology of adult learning, principles of management and leadership, theories of organizational change and the latest trends in training and development.
Training and Development post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Analyze and evaluate training and development needs and processes of an organization
- Apply the most up-to-date leadership and training principles and practices necessary to create an effective learning environment
- Acquire the knowledge and tools to design high-impact training materials
Students are required to take the following courses:
- COMM ST 250 Team Leadership/Decision Making
- ORG BEH 309 Human Resource Management
- ORG BEH 307 Leadership Principles
- ORG BEH 322 Training and Development
- ORG BEH 370 Quality/Performance Excellence
Instructors combine years of experience in corporate and nonprofit organizations with current knowledge of training and leadership. Students draw upon their professional experience in course work, adding to the relevance and usefulness of what is learned.