The following materials are required to apply:
- A completed online application
- Official high school transcripts and conferred date of completion (or GED report)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- A statement of purpose
- A current resume or CV
- Documentation of English Proficiency for students whose first language is not English. See "English Proficiency" below
Supplemental materials, with the exception of transcripts, must be uploaded to the online application. Official transcripts may be sent to our Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our Chicago office. Please be sure to include the name of your intended program when addressing transcripts.
Wieboldt Hall, Sixth floor
339 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3008
Applicants will be notified once all materials have been received and the application is complete.
- Fall quarter: August 1
- Winter quarter: November 1
- Spring quarter: February 1
- Summer quarter: May 1
All applicants to SPS programs whose first language is not English must demonstrate language proficiency. Applicants may provide official scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. The test must be taken no more than two years before the intended quarter of entry. For the TOEFL, applicants must score 600 or higher on the paper-based test, 250 or higher on the computer-based test, or 100 or higher on the internet based test. SPS's institutional code for the TOEFL is 9019. For the IELTS exam, applicants must receive a score of 7.0 or higher.
Please contact the admissions office for more information on TOEFL, IELTS and transcripts for international applicants.