Business Foundations Certificate
The Business Foundations certificate at Northwestern University School of Professional Studies is designed for students who have not yet completed an undergraduate degree but would like to gain a solid foundation in business for professional growth or to prepare for a bachelor’s degree program. Five foundational courses in accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and organization behavior provide students with a working knowledge of business fundamentals in a real-world context.
The Business Foundations certificate requires students to complete a total of five courses.
Students are required to take 2 of the following courses:
- ACCOUNT 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ECON 201 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- FINANCE 202 Introduction to Finance
Plus 3 courses selected from the following:
- MKTG 201 Principles of Marketing
- ORG BEH 301 Organization Behavior
- ORG BEH 367 Strategic Planning and Management
- ORG BEH 391 Special Topics: Global Leadership