Business Analytics Online Certificate Program
Business analytics is rapidly driving improved decision-making and increased ROI across myriad industries. Advancements in technology and storage infrastructures have made it easier and cheaper to process and store vast amounts of data. The phenomenal growth of social media, sensor and data capture technologies, mobile geospatial capabilities, commercial online activities, and increasing interconnectivity have introduced the term of “big data” to the world. Opportunities abound for those who can strategically harness that data. Companies of all sizes can collect, interpret and analyze data to greatly improve the customer experience and enhance operations and efficiencies.
Registration is open for January, 2017 courses:
BUS_ANLY 202-DL Modeling Methods
BUS_ANLY 303-DL Risk Analytics
Register by December 30 to reserve your seat!
BUSINESS ANALYTICS FOR DECISION MAKERS
Are you a leader who wants to know how analytics can transform your business? Learn more about the Business Analytics for Decision Makers certificate program.
In this certificate program students gain a practical understanding of how to use the business analytics process to harness the power of big data to gain actionable business insights.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply analytics tools to real-world business contexts for improved decision-making
- Assess the strengths and limitations of analytics and predictive modeling techniques for different business applications and varying data conditions
- Acquire hands-on experience working with leading statistical tools and software packages (such as R) in predictive modeling and the visual analysis of results
- Effectively communicate the actionable insights stemming from analytical work to multiple stakeholders
- Strategically navigate technology tools and trends to solve big data and analytics problems
- Manage data strategies and analytical projects
To earn a Certificate in Business Analytics students must complete four online core courses. You must take BUS_ANLY 201 Intro to Business Analytics, BUS_ANLY 202 Modeling Methods, and BUS_ANLY 203 Advanced Modeling Methods in order, but may take BUS_ANLY 204 Analytics Communication and Management whenever it is offered.
- BUS_ANLY 201-DL: Introduction to Business Analytics
- BUS_ANLY 202-DL: Modeling Methods
- BUS_ANLY 203-DL: Advanced Modeling Methods
- BUS_ANLY 204-DL: Analytics Communication and Management (can be taken out of sequence)
To earn an additional Advanced Certificate in a specialized area of study, students may complete any of the elective courses. Students may complete as many as they wish to earn seperate certificates.
- BUS_ANLY 302-DL: Marketing Analytics (can be taken out of sequence)
- BUS_ANLY 303-DL: Risk Analytics (Students should have completed BUS_ANLY 203-DL Advanced Modeling Methods or have comparable knowledge of the material)
- Courses will be delivered online.
- The online content includes faculty lecture videos, live sync sessions, discussion boards, multimedia exercises, reading and problem-solving.
Please note that this is a non-credit offering. Non-credit courses do not transfer into a degree program of any kind at Northwestern University. If you are a degree seeking student, please learn more about our Master of Science in Predictive Analytics program.