On-Campus Program: Weeknight CFP Courses and Class Schedule
- Taking more than one course at a time at least once during the program such as Income Tax, Estate or Retirement Planning. (Taking more than two courses per term is not recommended.)
- Taking the Introduction and Investment course by themselves (i.e. do not double up).
- Taking the Financial Plan Development and Presentation course by itself at the end of the program. (Per CFP Board no exceptions will be made.)
Courses are held according to the schedule below, but may be subject to change.
- Click on a course link to register.
- To see the dates and prices for multiple courses, filter by term.
|300-0 Intro to Financial Planning||X||X|
|301-0 Insurance Planning||X||X|
|312-0 Investment Planning||X||X|
|313-0 Income Tax Planning||X||X|
|314-0 Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits||X||X|
|315-0 Estate Planning||X||X|
320-0 Financial Plan Development and Presentation (Capstone) *Only offered during the Fall and Spring terms. Please plan your schedule with this in mind.
Sample Standard Course Plan
|SPRING||Income Tax||Financial Plan|
Sample Accelerated Course Plan
|WINTER||Insurance + Retirement||[March Exam]|
|SPRING||Income Tax + Estate|
Professional Development Programs
This course will lead you through the steps in developing a complete financial plan. You will learn what goes into a financial plan, participate in mock client interviews to learn proper interview techniques, read and analyze case studies of other plans, and develop and present your own financial plan to the class and a panel of experts. This course may only be completed as the final course in the program. This course is offered during the fall and spring terms.
If you are a challenge candidate, contact us directly at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: This course will meet at 440 S LaSalle Street in the Loop, NOT at Wieboldt Hall.
Personal Financial Planning Series: Cases and Applications, 9th Edition. Kaplan Schweser. La Crosse: Kaplan University, 2015. ISBN-10: 1-475431-02-3 | ISBN-13: 978-1-475431-02-5. (Please note: Use University Code: NU-CFP at checkout to receive a 10% discount.)
HP10BII+ Financial Calculator
|Start/End Dates||Course Sync||Time||Building|
|03/29/17 - 05/31/17||W||5:45 – 9 p.m.||440 S LaSalle Street|
|Instructor||Course Format||Status||CAESAR Course ID|