To earn the SHRM Essentials of HR Management certificate, students must complete one course: SHRM 201-0 Essentials of HR Management.
- Click on a course link to register.
- To see the dates and prices for multiple courses, filter by term.
Professional Development Programs
The SHRM HR Essentials of HR Management class is 18 hours. By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development and training.
This course is offered during the Fall and Spring quarters.
Course materials are included in the cost of tuition and will be provided in class.
|Start/End Dates||Course Sync||Time||Building|
|04/25/17 - 05/30/17||Tu||6 – 9 p.m.||Wieboldt Hall, 339 E Chicago Avenue Room 714|
|Instructor||Course Format||Status||CAESAR Course ID|