Career Options and Salaries
Jobs with a Certified Internal Auditor ® Certification:
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Internal Auditor
- Internal Audit Director
- Internal Auditing Manager
Certified Internal Auditor Potential
Demand for thorough financial documentation is expected to increase in response to recent financial crises and subsequent financial regulations. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statics, the average salary for an internal auditor is:
- $67,190 per year
Did you know?
According to The IIA's 2015 Internal Audit Compensation Study, the median salary of auditors who hold their CIA designation is as much as 43 percent higher than peers without the credential.
IIA certification elevates your standing in the audit community, boosting your career opportunities and earning you increased credibility and respect within the profession and your organization.
Ultimately, becoming certified will:
- Help you earn credibility and respect in your field.
- Open more opportunities for advancement.
- Prove your willingness to invest in your own development.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
- Improve your internal audit skills and knowledge.
- Enhance the profession's image by promoting competent, confident internal auditors.
- Represent your personal achievement.
- Build confidence in your knowledge of the profession.
- Invite greater recognition from your peers.