Students must complete a three-course program to be prepared for the IIA program.
- Click on a course link to register.
- To see the dates and prices for multiple courses, filter by term.
Professional Development Programs
This live instructor-led Part 1 CIA exam preparation course is designed to give candidates a high level introduction and overview of the topics covered on the new Part 1 CIA exam. The course will reinforce your CIA knowledge, clarify topics, and build exam-day confidence. Taught by CIA-certified instructors, each attendee will have the opportunity to work through practice exam questions, learn test taking tips, and will receive the updated Version 4.0 Part 1 IIA CIA Learning System™ self-study print, e-book, and online materials for the new 3-part CIA exam.
Course Outline: Part 1 – Internal Audit Basics
The course may include additional discussion on the following exam topics:
• Definition of Internal Auditing
• Code of Ethics
• International Standards
Internal Control and Risk
• Types of Controls and Management Control Techniques
• Internal Control Framework Characteristics and Use
• Alternative Control Frameworks
• Risk Vocabulary and Concepts
• Fraud Risk Awareness
Conducting Internal Audit Engagements—Audit Tools and
• Data Gathering and Process Mapping
• Evaluating Relevance, Sufficiency, and Competence of Evidence
• Data Analysis and Interpretation
• Documentation/Work Papers
• Data Reporting
Course materials are included in the cost of tuition and will be provided in class.
|Start/End Dates||Course Sync||Time||Building|
|04/24/17 - 05/22/17||M||6 – 9 p.m.||Wieboldt Hall, 339 E Chicago Avenue Room 514|
|Instructor||Course Format||Status||CAESAR Course ID|