Comprehensive Professional Development for Public Safety Professionals
With thousands of graduates engaged in law enforcement and traffic safety professions around the globe, Northwestern University Center for Public Safety has earned the reputation as the worldwide leader in law enforcement professional development and education. Our comprehensive offering of courses includes crash investigation and transportation engineering, police operations and management courses, traffic safety school and specialized research.
Select a Program
- Crash InvestigationThe concept of scientific crash investigation has been a part of the Northwestern University Center for Public Safety since its inception in 1936. We literally "wrote the book" on crash investigation and reconstruction, and we continue to be world leaders in providing training related to these subjects. We offer the most comprehensive program of its kind, with courses beginning at basic crash investigation and culminating in various advanced traffic crash reconstruction courses.
- Management TrainingThe NUCPS Management Training division offers four leadership programs for law enforcement professionals, and each can be taken as a self-contained course or as part of a logical sequence. All programs are continually revised to address up-to-date law enforcement issues and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual agencies.
- Police TrainingNUCPS offers numerous courses for crime scene specialists, investigators, detectives, first responders and others who are responsible for major crime investigation. We also offer courses in motorcycle operation and instruction as well as RADAR/LIDAR and standard field sobriety instructor training.
- Transportation EngineeringThe Transportation Engineering division is a nation-wide resource for the day-to-day planning, design and operation of transportation systems. Through training programs and resource materials, Transportation Engineering courses disseminate information about, and facilitate the application of, recent developments in the field of transportation engineering.
- Research and ConsultingNUCPS provides research-based consulting to public safety organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Consulting teams are comprised of NUCPS affiliated faculty and subject matter experts. The division is headed by John Furcon, a management consultant with an extensive track record of successful projects on behalf of private and public sector clients.