“My brain feels switched on since starting back up.”
Interfolio Credential File Service
Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies is pleased to be a partner with Interfolio, an online credential file management service that replaced our former in-house Recommendation File Service. Traditionally, recommendation letters have been paper-based and thus challenging to store, access and distribute. In addition to letters of recommendation, Interfolio allows SCS students and alumni to manage nearly any type of document online. SCS will provide a three-year personal account with Interfolio to students enrolled in the Post-Baccalaureate Programs Careers or the Undergraduate Biological Sciences major.
- Self-managed – With Interfolio you can do everything by yourself, anytime. You are in complete control of your credentials file.
- 24-hour availability – You don’t need to wait for regular business hours in order to add or update letters or documents in your file. You can make mailing requests and view mailing history round the clock as well.
- Flexibility – As an Interfolio credential file holder, you may store and manage both confidential and non-confidential recommendation letters. You and your letter writers can upload documents directly into your account or mail them to Interfolio. The Interfolio staff will then upload them to your account. You can also store many other types of documents with Interfolio: writing samples, articles, test scores, unofficial transcripts, and whatever else you might need to complete an application package.
- Quick turnaround – Interfolio processes all delivery requests in one day. It also offers multiple mailing options, including overnight delivery and even electronic delivery (where available). Interfolio charges only $6 per USPS delivery (the standard delivery).
- Easy payment options – While SCS will cover the fee for a three-year account, you will still pay for deliveries. So, for example, if you have 10 files mailed out via USPS, you will be charged $6 per file by Interfolio for a total of $60. That is 40% less expensive than our current mailing fee. In addition to checks and money orders, online credit card payments will be accepted by Interfolio.
- Customer service – Interfolio offers one business day turnaround on all phone and all email questions. They also offer a 24-Hour Online Helpdesk for immediate answers to almost any question about the service. And, of course, you may contact Jamilee Polson at SCS for any additional assistance.
SCS will no longer accept any new Recommendation File requests. If you have any questions, are a current Recommendation File holder, or would like to start your Interfolio account, please email Jamilee Polson.