The SPS Global Health Fieldwork scholarship provides funding to MSGH students to partially support fieldwork abroad in resource-limited areas as part of program practicum requirements. Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic merit, financial need, and a serious commitment to social justice and the communities served by their project. To be eligible for a scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Submit an SPS Scholarship Application
- Submit an SPS Recommendation Form from a core MSGH instructor
- Submit an essay describing an ideal project you can pursue in your field highlighting collaboration and partnership with the local host. Include term in which travel is intended.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the application for financial aid (FAFSA). (International Students do not need to complete FAFSA)
Scholarship applications will be awarded twice a year and must be submitted by the following deadlines:
Winter quarter: December 1
Summer quarter: June 1
Students who wish to be considered for such an award should forward their SPS Scholarship Application for the Global Health Fieldwork Scholarship to the SPS Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
, and submit one academic recommendation from a program instructor via the SPS Scholarship Recommendation Form
(form must be sent to SPS directly by recommender from university email address), by the Scholarship and Grant Application Deadlines above. Students are eligible to receive this award once over the course of their graduate career at SPS.
Please Note: Scholarship recipients are expected to keep a project journal or blog, which will be used as part of a fieldwork report submitted to MSGH program assistant director at the completion of fieldwork.