Software, Hardware & Help Desk Support
SPS Help Desk Support Center
SPS Help Desk Support Center is available for Faculty, Students and Staff for daily IT needs. The Help Desk provides assistance with NetID affiliated systems such as Canvas, NU Validate, etc.
Help Desk Hours:
- 7 days a week 8am to 12 Midnight Central Time
Help Desk Contact Information:
Minimum System Requirements
Last Updated: 02/04/2019
Data Sciences Computing Cluster (DSCC)
Click here to download the instructions for DSCC.
Last Updated: 01/26/2018
Data Structure For The Capstone Case
- BlueJeans is a cloud-based videoconferencing service that supports high-resolution videoconferencing and content sharing on any device.
Click here for BlueJeans knowledge base.
- WebEx is a cloud-based meeting tool for hosting and attending online meetings.
Click here for WebEx knowledge base. :
- Conferencing Recommendations
Student Tools and Software
Databases and Software Languages
- Dornick retired as of March, 30, 2018.
- Elasticsearch is a search engine based on Lucene. It provides a distributed, multitenant-capable full-text search engine with an HTTP web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
- PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance.
- Python is an interpreted high-level programming language for general-purpose programming.
- Quest replaced Social Science Computing Cluster as of March 30, 2018. Instructors are responsible for managing the allocation and student use of Quest.
- R is a programming language and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics that is supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing.