Software, Hardware & Service Desk Support
SPS Service Desk Support Center
SPS Service Desk Support Center is available for Faculty, Students and Staff for daily IT needs. The Service Desk provides assistance with NetID affiliated systems such as Canvas, NU Validate, etc.
Service Desk Hours:
- 7 days a week 8am to 12 Midnight Central Time
Service Desk Contact Information:
Minimum System Requirements
Click here to view Minimum System Requirements
Click here to view Minimum System Requirements for Master's of Data Science and Master’s of Health Analytics students
Data Sciences Computing Cluster (DSCC)
Click here to download the instructions for DSCC and PostgreSQL.
Last Updated: 11/2021
Click here to download Capstone Case database files.
Data Structure For The Capstone Case
- Zoomis a cloud-based video, audio, and content conferencing service. Click here for additional help getting started.
- WebEx is a cloud-based meeting tool for hosting and attending online meetings.
Click here for WebEx knowledge base. :
- Conferencing Recommendations
- Teams is a secure, Cloud-based chat and group collaborative workspace that seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft 365 applications, including Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
Student Tools and Software
- Available Software for Faculty, Staff and Students: https://www.it.northwestern.edu/software/
- Webmail: https://www.northwestern.edu/webmail/
- FREE APA or MLS formatting generator: www.bibme.org
- LinkedIn Learning (online training): Northwestern LinkedIn Learning
- Google Scholar: scholar.google.com
Databases and Software Languages
- Dornick retired as of March, 30, 2018.
- Elasticsearch is a search engine based on Lucene. It provides a distributed, multitenant-capable full-text search engine with an HTTP web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
- PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance.
- Python is an interpreted high-level programming language for general-purpose programming.
- Quest replaced Social Science Computing Cluster as of March 30, 2018. Instructors are responsible for managing the allocation and student use of Quest.
- R is a programming language and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics that is supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing.