Program Overview:This program is discontinued as of May 10, 2016, and will no longer admit new students. Current students may continue in the program until completion.
Dispute Resolution Certificate Program
The speed and complexity with which business is conducted in the 21st century increasingly gives rise to the need for effective dispute resolution. The Dispute Resolution certificate offers courses dealing with theories in negotiation and persuasion, as well as courses dealing with the practical application of those theories during conflict resolution or arbitration between employees, groups or even organizations.
Dispute Resolution post-baccalaureate certificate students will:
- Learn the theoretical framework and emerging processes of dispute resolution
- Develop a sense of when and how to intervene effectively in a dispute
- Gain critical skills to manage both interpersonal and organizational conflicts
- Prepare for specialized application of negotiation and persuasion
Students are required to take 4 of the following courses:
- COMM ST 205 Theories of Persuasion
- COMM ST 360 Organizational Communication
- COMM ST 363 Bargaining and Negotiation
- ORG BEH 311 Conflict Resolution
- ORG BEH 390 Topics in Workplace Relations: Employee and Labor Relations
- ORG BEH 391 Topics in Management: Negotiating Strategies