Become a College Prep Resident Advisor
- Earn salary, including room and board
- Work with bright, motivated high school students from around the country and abroad
- Plan exciting events and gain valuable experience
- Enjoy Northwestern campus life and Chicago this summer!
Functions and Responsibilities
The central responsibility of the position is to assist the Resident Director (RD) of the College Preparation Program by helping to supervise and advise high school students enrolled in the program. Resident Advisors (RAs) live on campus in the program’s residence hall and are expected to be engaged with the students and the program throughout the summer. RAs will be responsible for regularly checking in with an assigned group of students. RAs help coordinate extracurricular activities and supervise students at those and other program-related activities. Resident Advisors in the College Prep Program also serve as Teaching Assistants for the program’s two-week IN FOCUS Seminar courses.
Resident Advisors report directly to the Resident Director and receive further supervision from the Director of Summer Session. See complete job description and apply online at www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers. Search openings under the External Applicants section using the keywords “College Prep.”
- Length of Service: 7 weeks (June 12 - July 29, 2017)
- Deadline to apply: March 1, 2017