Tuition for the Divorce Mediation Training certificate program is $1,715.

Posted tuition rates are valid through the 2023–24 academic year ending August 31, 2024. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.

To enroll in certificate programs through Northwestern University School of Professional Studies, 100% of tuition is due at the time of registration. If your payment is returned for any reason, a $35 service fee will be charged.

Financial Aid

Employer-provided aid: Many companies and organizations have designated funds that their employees can use for educational or professional development training tuition payment or reimbursement. Students who intend to use tuition reimbursement benefits provided through their employer for a Professional Development course or certificate program should contact their employer directly to determine eligibility for non-credit-bearing, non-degree coursework before beginning the payment and registration process with Northwestern. 

Northwestern University employees: Benefits-eligible full-time Northwestern University employees may use Employee Reduced Tuition Benefits for School of Professional Studies non-credit Professional Development certificate programs, upon approval of their Tuition Reimbursement Application. For further assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources.

Other types of aid: 

Segal AmeriCorps Education Award - Northwestern University is an approved institution for the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award. Eligible students may apply Award funds to Professional Development course tuition. Please contact the Office of Professional Development for more information. 

Professional Development programs do not qualify for benefits under Workforce Development, the Department of Veteran Affairs, or the Department of Defense. 

Loans: Students in non-degree Professional Development programs are not eligible for U.S. federal loans but may qualify for a private loan to offset tuition charges. Private loan eligibility may vary by lender and student.

In addition to paperwork required by the lender, non-degree Professional Development certificate program students need to complete a one-page University Aid Application for the relevant academic year. Please contact the Chicago Office of Financial Aid for comprehensive information and assistance with the process, and with any questions.

^ Back to top ^