Coronavirus UpdateAccess the latest news and resources for the Northwestern community on the coronavirus outbreak.
Welcome to the Center for Public SafetyNorthwestern University Center for Public Safety (NUCPS) offers internationally respected courses and programs for police, traffic engineers, and other public safety professionals from agencies at the local, state, and federal levels.
Explore Our Courses
For a detailed overview and syllabus of Crash Programs click here.
We offer comprehensive on-ground and online courses for all professional experience levels, including introductory crash investigation, crash data retrieval, and advanced vehicle crash reconstruction and traffic engineering courses.
Register Now! Seats Available for these Fall 2021 Crash Investigation & Reconstruction Classes:
- Advanced Collision Reconstruction with CDR Application, Gurnee, IL, Nov. 29 - Dec. 3
- Crash Data Retrieval Analysis & Applications, Gurnee, IL, Nov. 15 - 19
- Crash Data Retrieval Operators, Gurnee, IL, Nov. 22 - 23
- Crash Investigation 1, Charlotte, MI (just southwest of Lansing, MI), Sept. 27 - Oct. 8
- Crash Investigation 1 Online, Oct. 18 - Dec. 19
- Crash Investigation 2, Charlotte, MI (just southwest of Lansing), Nov. 1 - 12
NUCPS Management & Leadership courses provide law enforcement professionals —from agency executives to new supervisors — with the strategies and skills they need for success.
Recently Added to Our Schedule:
Executive Management Program
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Sept. 20 - Nov. 5, 2021 (3 weeks total, 1 week per month)
Supervision of Police Personnel:
- Meridian, ID, Sept. 13 - 24, 2021
- Peru, IL, Oct. 4 - 15, 2021
- St. Cloud, MN, Oct. 18 - 29, 2021
- Fargo, ND Mar. 7 - 18, 2022
- Lincolnshire, IL, Jan. 10 - Mar. 25, 2022
- Plainfield, IL, Jan. 3 - May 6, 2022
- Troy, MI, Jan. 3 - May 13, 2022
- River Falls, WI, Jan. 10 - Mar. 18, 2022
- Pewaukee, WI, Jan. 24 - Apr. 8, 2022
*Register through Course Host Waukesha County Technical College.
- Henderson, NV (just south of Las Vegas), Feb. 7 - Jun. 10, 2022
- Jefferson County (Golden, CO), Feb. 14 - Jun. 24, 2022
- Hershey, PA, Feb. 21 - Apr. 29, 2022
Police Motorcycle Instructor Recertification
Book your virtual appointment today for a Monday or Tuesday through the end of August! If your NUCPS Police Motorcycle Instructor certification either has expired or expires in 2021, now is the time to recertify! Our one-hour virtual recertification is conducted via Zoom and allows instructors to recertify without traveling or taking significant time off of work.
Recertifying instructors will need to prepare for both the lecture and the riding portions of the recertification, which is valid for 3 years. Upon registration, you will receive detailed information regarding the testing process. To help you prepare, all registrants receive a copy of the Northwestern University Police Motorcycle Instructor Training Manual.
Host a Course
NUCPS course hosts are vital to our ability to offer on-ground classes at locations throughout the U.S. With no out-of-pocket costs to the host agency, NUCPS works to ensure that hosting a course is as easy and successful as possible.
Join Our Email List!
Textbook and Template Purchasing
NUCPS textbooks and crash templates are available for purchase through the Northwestern University Bookstore at northwestern.bncollege.com. Simply type Crash Template or your textbook title into the search bar near the top right of the website, and it will appear in the list of results.