Academic Policies

Academic Integrity and Policies

All material submitted as part of any class exercise must be the actual work of the student whose name appears on the material. Students are cautioned against the possession of unauthorized material during any examination or quiz. A student who is found guilty of dishonesty in academic work may receive a failing grade for the course and may be dismissed from the University. Please see the website for the guide on Academic Integrity and a letter from the Provost.

Students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average to remain in good academic standing. Failure to meet the guidelines and return to good academic standing within the time frame specified may result in dismissal from the university.

For further information on academic policies, please refer to the Academic Policies and Procedures sections of the SPS Academic Catalog.

Academic Honors

Dean's List

Congratulations to the undergraduate students who have achieved the recognition of being named to the Dean's list for their academic performance in the most recent academic quarter.

A GPA of 3.7 for the quarter is required for the Dean’s List. Students must be matriculated in a degree program and have completed two or more units at SPS during the relevant quarter. “Dean’s List” appears on transcripts for the relevant term(s).

Academic Honor Society

Northwestern University is home to the Alpha (founding) chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, the national honor society for continuing education students. The society honors dedicated adult students who achieve and maintain high scholastic standards while adroitly handling the responsibilities of family and career.

Students must satisfy requirements to be eligible for membership, including:

  • Nearing completion of a SPS bachelor's degree program
  • Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.70
  • Must be at least 24 years old and must be working toward first bachelor's degree

For questions regarding the honor society and your eligibility, please contact your academic adviser.

^ Back to top ^