NUCPS Executive Leadership Award
Each year, we proudly present the NUCPS Executive Leadership Award to the candidates who have successfully completed the following classroom or online courses:
- Supervision of Police Personnel;
- School of Police Staff & Command (or the former Police Administration Training Program (PATP); and,
- Executive Management Program.
NUCPS instituted this valuable credential to recognize individual development and organizational commitment to delivering the best, most professional service to the community. The Executive Leadership Award represents a cumulative total of hundreds of hours of course work, homework, papers, study, and exams. Recipients are invited to the NUCPS November SPSC graduation to receive their awards.
Students do not need to take the qualifying courses in a specific order.
Once potential recipients have successfully finished the above three required NUCPS management courses, they must complete the following tasks:
- They must ask their agencies to submit a letter of nomination to NUCPS, with the chief or local government executive recommending them as professionals in good standing.
- Nomination letters must include the dates, locations, and course numbers for the SPP, SPSC / PATP, and EMP programs from which the candidate graduated.
- Finally, one copy of the student's certificates for each program completed needs to be enclosed with the nomination letter.
Materials should be submitted together in one email to Sandra Mayfield, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUCPS staff will review the information and advise potential recipients of the date and location of the awards presentation, should the recipient be chosen to receive the award.